Ages 12 - 14 years old
“Teen Camp” is a new travel camp offered at the Kings Bay Y that was designed just for your teens ages 12-14!
This new camp allows your teens to experience the summer like never before while venturing out in the greatest city on Earth. With weekly tours around New York City, volunteering, leadership workshops, as well as exciting trips like The Funplex, Dylan’s candy bar, hiking, The Bodies Exhibit and much more!
CAMP 2018 SCHEDULE!!!
The camp also includes…..
- Weekly Tours around NYC: Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge, Madison Square Garden and more!
- Overnight trip to Surprise Lake Campgrounds and in house sleepovers
- Swim 1x a week
- Hot kosher snack
- Highly-trained & talented staff
- Door-to-door transportation available
- Early drop-off/late stay available
- Martial arts, archery, fencing, theater, cooking, dance, soccer, and more!
You don't want your teen to miss this!
Campers will participate in activities such as BMX Biking, Skateboarding, Archery, Sports, Arts and Crafts, Dance, Theater, Yoga , Cooking and much more. They will go on trips that will increase their exposure to new and exciting experiences. They will also engage in instructional and recreational swim one time a week. They will get the opportunity of attending two on-campus sleepovers and will go on on two overnight trips.
The camp day officially begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 4:15 PM. Long trip days may end as late as 7:00 PM ( Listed on the camp calendar)
Children will receive snack and are expected to bring their own lunches everyday.
Campers participate in instructional and recreational swim 1 time a week
Campers visit the outdoor facility in Bay Ridge once a week.
**PLEASE NOTE ALL BUSES ARE AIR-CONDITIONED**
1. Mondays are Theme DAYS, such as Costume Day, Pirate Day and CSI Day. Teens are encouraged to be as creative as possible with their costumes! These are also Fort Hamilton Army Base days!
2. Tuesdays are SHOW DAYS. Children will be able to enjoy in-house shows such as a Game Show, Live Animal Show and more! Tuesdays will also be rotated days with either volunteering projects or leadership workshops.
3. Wednesdays are Teens take Manhattan! We will go to the most interesting places in NYC, such as Little Italy, Times Square and Chelsea Market.
4. Thursdays are LONG TRIP DAYS, to Mohonk Preserve , Palisades Climb and The Funplex. Some of these days are LATE PICK-UP. We also have amazing sleepovers! Look out for these days on our calendar!
5. Fridays are Tour Days. We will explore places such as Governors Island, Wall Street, Central Park and Madison Square Garden!